Protect the Promise: Reasons Why Everything Doesn't Need to Be Announced

Image
There was a time when I believed sharing my excitement would multiply my joy. Whenever something good was on the horizon—a new opportunity, a fresh idea, a prayer I believed God was answering—I wanted to tell someone. Over time, I learned a valuable lesson. Not everyone celebrates your good news with a sincere heart. Some people are genuinely happy for you, while others may unintentionally introduce doubt, fear, criticism, or unnecessary opinions. Sometimes they don't mean any harm. Other times, their response reveals that they simply cannot see what God has shown you. I've learned that some things are meant to be protected before they are presented. There is wisdom in allowing a dream to mature before exposing it to the world. A seed isn't planted so it can be dug up every day to prove it's growing. It remains hidden beneath the soil until its roots are strong enough to break through the surface. In much the same way, God often develops His promises in private before r...

You Are Your Only Competition👀


 

  I used to look up to many different women, embracing the parts I admired—grace, strength, confidence—trying to mold myself into something I thought I was supposed to be. I didn’t grow up knowing how to be “ladylike.” I was a tomboy from around 10 to 17, dressing like a boy because it made me feel safer. More invisible. More protected.

I was one of the guys—not because I was into girls, but because I liked the energy. There was less drama, less competition. They weren’t sizing each other up the way I saw some girls do. And now, when I see men competing with women, something inside me says, “This is backwards.”

Competition has long been expected from women—whether for attention, validation, or status. But I never understood that. Why aren’t we working together? Empowering and supporting each other? Why the jealousy? What are we fighting for, really?

Unless someone challenges you, why compete at all? Are you trying to prove something to someone who probably doesn’t even care?

If you want to compete, compete with yourself.
Try to be better than who you were yesterday.
And if you feel the urge to impress someone,
Try impressing God—the only One whose opinion truly matters.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protecting Your Inner Peace

Mental Health Matters For Men

New: Stay Grounded Bundle + Free Meditation Gift