I Am Called to Be Different
For most of my life, I felt different.
I don't compete with others, and I try not to compare myself to anyone because I've never felt like "most people." That has been true for as long as I can remember.
For many years, though, I fought against that reality. I tried to fit in. I tried to be accepted. After experiencing ridicule and rejection, I thought that if I could become more like everyone else, maybe I would finally belong.
But no matter how hard I tried, I was never truly accepted by the world.
Ironically, I spent years longing for the very people and things that could never satisfy the deepest needs of my heart.
Today, I can honestly say that has changed.
I no longer desire many of the things the world once promised me. My identity is no longer found in people's approval but in being a child of God.
I have learned that being different was never my weakness—it was part of God's design.
He was separating me for His purposes long before I understood what He was doing.
What once felt like rejection, I now see as redirection.
What once felt like isolation became preparation.
I no longer strive to fit into places God never intended for me. Instead, I desire to walk faithfully in the purpose He has for my life.
I don't need to be the best.
I don't need to compete.
I don't need to compare.
I simply want to pursue excellence as an offering to God, becoming more like Christ each day and faithfully stewarding the life He has entrusted to me.
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." — Romans 12:2
Being set apart is not a punishment.
It is a calling.
And today, I embrace it with gratitude.
John 15:19 "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."
Galatians 1:10 "Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God?... If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."
1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
Affirmations
Today, I choose to find my identity in Christ rather than in the opinions of others.
I am no longer striving for the world's acceptance because I have already been accepted by God through Jesus Christ.
I embrace the unique way God created me.
I do not need to compare myself to anyone, compete with anyone, or become someone I was never created to be.
I am chosen.
I am loved.
I am set apart for God's purposes.
What once felt like rejection, God is using for redirection.
What once felt like isolation, God is using for preparation.
I will pursue excellence, not for recognition, but to honor the One who created me.
I walk confidently as a child of God, trusting His plan, His timing, and His purpose for my life.
Today I declare:
- I am accepted by God.
- I am secure in my identity in Christ.
- I will not conform to the world.
- I will walk in the purpose God has prepared for me.
- I choose faithfulness over comparison.
- I choose obedience over approval.
- I choose Christ over the world.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment