Choose Life: Dysfunction Can Be Healed

 


Coming from extreme dysfunction your perspective can be somewhat warped
(bent or twisted out of its true shape).

Not because there is something wrong with you, but because dysfunction has a way of teaching you things that were never meant to be normal. You learn to survive in environments that require constant adaptation. Over time, those adaptations can begin to feel like your identity.

You may mistake chaos for love.

You may confuse hypervigilance with wisdom.

You may believe that carrying everyone else's burdens is your responsibility.

You may think your worth is tied to what you do rather than who you are.

When dysfunction is all you've known, it becomes the lens through which you view yourself, others, and the world around you.

But it doesn't have to stay that way.

Healing begins when you realize that you have a choice.

A choice to question what you've always believed.

A choice to challenge unhealthy patterns.

A choice to stop normalizing what wounded you.

A choice to embrace truth instead of distortion.

A choice to pursue peace instead of chaos.

A choice to live instead of merely survive.

Every day presents an opportunity to choose differently.

Choose the light when darkness feels familiar.

Choose what is good for you and to you.

Choose healthy boundaries.

Choose truth.

Choose healing.

Choose peace.

Choose life.

Your past may explain how you got here, but it does not have to determine where you go next.

The dysfunction may have shaped your perspective, but healing can transform it.

And that transformation begins one choice at a time.

"I have set before you life and death... Now choose life." — Deuteronomy 30:19

The choice is yours.

Choose life.

Affirmation

I choose life. I choose truth over distortion, peace over chaos, and healing over survival. My past does not define me, and dysfunction does not determine my future. I am growing in wisdom, strength, and wholeness. Each day, I choose what is good for me and good to me. I walk forward in faith, hope, and purpose.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health Matters For Men

New: Stay Grounded Bundle + Free Meditation Gift

Protecting Your Inner Peace