Protect the Promise: Reasons Why Everything Doesn't Need to Be Announced

Image
There was a time when I believed sharing my excitement would multiply my joy. Whenever something good was on the horizon—a new opportunity, a fresh idea, a prayer I believed God was answering—I wanted to tell someone. Over time, I learned a valuable lesson. Not everyone celebrates your good news with a sincere heart. Some people are genuinely happy for you, while others may unintentionally introduce doubt, fear, criticism, or unnecessary opinions. Sometimes they don't mean any harm. Other times, their response reveals that they simply cannot see what God has shown you. I've learned that some things are meant to be protected before they are presented. There is wisdom in allowing a dream to mature before exposing it to the world. A seed isn't planted so it can be dug up every day to prove it's growing. It remains hidden beneath the soil until its roots are strong enough to break through the surface. In much the same way, God often develops His promises in private before r...

Strengthening Your Faith

 


Sometimes healing, restoration, and answered prayers begin before we can physically see the evidence. During that waiting period, challenges may arise that tempt us to abandon hope. Like Job, we may be confronted with circumstances that contradict what we believe God is doing. The challenge is not to let fear or discouragement convince us to surrender our faith before the process is complete.

Look at this interesting biblical pattern:

  • Abraham received a promise before seeing its fulfillment.
  • Joseph received dreams before years of hardship.
  • David was anointed king before he sat on the throne.
  • Job endured testing before restoration.

In each case, there was a period where circumstances appeared to contradict the promise.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." — 2 Corinthians 5:7

Affirmation:

I will not allow temporary circumstances to define my future. I trust that God is working even when I cannot yet see the full manifestation. My faith is rooted in His character, not in today's conditions.

Just because I feel pain does not mean healing is not happening.

Just because I face resistance does not mean I am moving in the wrong direction.

Just because I cannot yet see the outcome does not mean God has stopped working.

For someone who has spent years in survival mode, learning to trust feels very unfamiliar. I was conditioned to expect disappointment, my mind often looks for evidence that things will go wrong, it is said that confession is good for the soul. Faith invites us to remain open to the possibility that things can go right—even when we don't yet see how.

This we should always remember: God Is Faithful

People may fail.
Plans may change.
Circumstances may shift.

But God's character remains the same.

His faithfulness is not dependent on what we see, feel, or understand in the moment.

If He made a promise, He is able to fulfill it.

If He opened a door, He can sustain you through it.

If He planted a seed, He can bring the harvest.

Faith is not merely sitting and waiting for something to happen. Throughout Scripture, people trusted God and took action.

  • Noah built the ark.
  • Moses lifted the staff.
  • David picked up the stones.
  • Nehemiah rebuilt the wall.
  • The woman with the issue of blood pressed through the crowd.
  • The disciples cast their nets.

They trusted God for what only God could do, but they still did their part.

Are you struggling to trust God while waiting for answers, healing, or breakthrough? 

I created a devotional guide to help strengthen your faith, renew your hope, and encourage you to keep moving forward. 

Have patience.

Trust God.

Do your part.

God is faithful.

For additional encouragement, free resources, this guide/devotional, and reflections:

💜 DM @imattercomm

🌿 Visit our blog:
https://imattercommunity.blogspot.com

We would love to hear your story, prayer requests, reflections, or how this guide has encouraged you on your journey.

Remember:

Trust God for what you cannot do.
Be faithful with what you can do.

— I Matter Community
Faith • Healing • Growth • Purpose

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health Matters For Men

Protecting Your Inner Peace

New: Stay Grounded Bundle + Free Meditation Gift