Reciprocity Matters: Learning to Steward What God Has Given Me

Image
  There was a time in my life when I gave freely without much thought about whether that giving was being reciprocated. I showed up for people. I listened. I encouraged. I supported. I poured into friendships and relationships because that was simply who I was. But over time, I began to notice a pattern. I was often the one reaching out. I was often the one checking in. I was often the one giving, encouraging, helping, and investing. While there is nothing wrong with being generous, I eventually realized that constantly pouring without being replenished comes at a cost. Reciprocity matters. Healthy relationships are not about keeping score. They are not transactional. They are built on mutual care, respect, and investment. Both people contribute. Both people make an effort. Both people value the relationship enough to nurture it. When only one person is invested, the relationship becomes unbalanced. For many years, I continued giving even when I received very little in return. Part...

What Is Mental Health?


Mental health is a term used to describe the state of a persons mental or psychological condition, it refers to the emotional, psychological, and social well-being of a person. 
Our mental health affects how we think, feel, and act, as well as how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices.
 
Good mental health is defined by:

You feel balanced and resilient most days

You can manage day-to-day stress

You maintain relationships and responsibilities

You can experience a range of emotions without being overwhelmed by them

Poor mental health doesn’t always mean a mental illness is present, but it can increase the risk. Common mental health conditions include anxiety disorders, depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder, among others. 
 
Maintaining mental health often requires:

Practicing self-care (like rest, nutrition, exercise)

Seeking help when needed (therapy, support groups, spiritual support)

Building positive relationships

Managing emotions and setting healthy boundaries
 

Ways to Maintain Good Mental Health


Practice Regular Self-Care

Get enough sleep, eat nourishing meals, and move your body.

Set aside time for rest, fun, and reflection.

Stay Connected

Spend time with people who uplift and support you.

Talk about how you’re feeling—don’t bottle it up.

Manage Stress Wisely

Try breathing exercises, prayer, or meditation.

Break large problems into smaller steps.

Set Boundaries

Say no when needed. Protect your peace.

Avoid toxic environments and relationships.

Engage in Meaningful Activities

Do things that bring you joy or help others.

Explore your passions, creative outlets, or spiritual practices.

Stay connected @imattercomm

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health Matters For Men

New: Stay Grounded Bundle + Free Meditation Gift

Protecting Your Inner Peace